Saturday, February 5, 2011

Picture Book Marathon Day 5

Book idea #5 is:


Table Tennis Tarsier

He's a tiny tarsier from the Philippines who plays table tennis, and he's really, really good. But since he's nocturnal, he can only play at night. Will he ever win the championship?

When I was a kid, I loved poring over animal photography books. Every one of those books had one tarsier photo. At first you'd laugh at it, but the longer you looked, the scarier it got. It's like it was staring right into your soul--then you'd turn around and a tarsier was right behind you!

Anyway, I've always enjoyed the tarsier and its huge, intense eyeballs. It seems like they'd be good at table tennis.

5 comments:

Will Strong said...

hahahahahahahahahaha. Totally absurd and so much fun.

edith said...

I love table tennis tarsier! Mostly because of the alliteration. But we call it ping-pong at our house.

Nathan said...

Ping Pong Tarsier is a pretty sweet title too. I like that.

shannon hale said...

I love this one so, so much. Please make it for real. Please.

hwalk said...

This is my favorite so far. It's sort of freaky. And appealing. And I want to read it.