Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Land of Doom/Picture Book Marathon 6/28


Picture Book Marathon Book #6 is:



"WEX-5: Giant Robot Dwarf"

This is the companion book to "Alpha Centaur." See, the inter-dimensional exchange that brought Chester into the land of Science Fiction, also put a giant space construction robot into a Fantasy world. Chester and WEX-5 are essentially exchange students, swapping cultures and locations.

Since WEX-5 is a digging robot, he is co-opted by some dwarves, and spends all his time digging holes for them. His story is substantially less interesting than Chester's. Still, there are 38 sequels, to match the "Alpha Centaur" series.

Phew, this is my first post in the marathon where I'm posting on a day I usually don't. Friday night is weekend territory. I'm starting to feel the burn.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Wow! This place turns into a ghost town on saturday. Yeesh. Glad this weekend posting business only lasts a month...

Helooooooo-o-o-o-o-o?

Is any one there...there...there...

Echo...echo...echo...

DaNae said...

It took a while but I heard the echo reverberations.

I always love an oxymoron in a title.

Anonymous said...

Ever since Dean Hale and the Dust Mothers I get nervous when you start talking about ghosts...