Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Great Wall

So I occasionally have to take breaks from the CALAMITY JACK forced-coloring-death-march. For things like sleeping, going to the bathroom, not eating, I can do that while I color. And every once in a while, I have to take a break to be a Dad and help my son do his homework. 

He had to do a poster about the building of the Great Wall of China. So we spent the morning building this:


Yeah, we went a little overboard. I remember being in school and seeing the kids whose projects showed WAAAY too much parental involvement. And now I know what it feels like to be on the other side.

4 comments:

Q said...

Okay, that is way too cool.

Clint C. said...

We love your Lego posts. As a family of 4 boys we have a Lego room, check out Clint's last creation:
http://snollygosterroster.blogspot.com/2009/01/for-lego-geeks-only.html

Nathan said...

Sarah, that is so cool! Uly is SO not allowed to see this--he'd BEG me to build one for him, and I'm no engineer. I can make stuff that LOOKS cool, but no way can I make it work!

M. Moore said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! I wouldn't be surprised if you guys were the first humans to live in an all Lego house. :> "Gotta go to the Lego store...we got a shingle loose.: :>